1. Miss Wales contestants must be between the ages of 16.5 and under 26 (ie 25) at the time of the Miss World final in the given year.
2. Contestants must:
(a) not be married nor have ever been married or have children.
(b) be born in the UK or have five years continuous residency at the time of entry and hold a current UK passport;
(c) if she wins the Miss UK or Miss World titles, be able to sign a Sole Agency and
Management contract with Miss World Limited and be resident at her own
expenses on the mainland of the United Kingdom and not have another agent
which gives such agent any working relationship or fees in connection with her
during her year of office;
(d) note that the conditions of the preceding paragraph also apply if she is subsequently
elected Miss World.
(e) No person who has taken part at any time in the final of any international
competition or has qualified for the final of any recognised international competition in the given year is eligible to enter the Miss Wales, or Miss World contests. Special
permission may be given by the organisers in extenuating circumstances.
3. There must be nothing in the contestant’s background that could bring into disrepute any aspect of the contest or its sponsors.
4. Entry forms must be filled in with names as they are on passports, etc. and not assumed or professional names.
5. Having signed the entry form and qualified for the final, contestants are reminded that they have signed a contract and that to break it is a serious matter.
6. The Miss United Kingdom, Miss Scotland, Miss Wales and Miss England titles are copyrights. No person, nor organisation, may use the titles, without the permission of Miss World Limited.
7. By entering the selection process and ultimately the contest, a contestant grants the
organisers or the sponsors of the event, the free and unfretted right to use her name,
photographs, voice, likeness, recommendations etc., relating to the contest, its title or
any such connection between the contestant and the contest or title in any way it sees
fit for advertising or sales promotions purposes, providing such use is not in a manner to cause harm to the contestant’s reputation or name. Such agreement will continue in a similar manner for further material issued resulting in participation in the contest or during year of office if she wins the title. We cannot guarantee the return of any materials sent to us as part of an application.
8. Contestants agree that from the date of winning a qualifying contest, until a period of fourteen days after the national final, or if they become the holder of Miss World, Miss United Kingdom or Miss Wales titles, for a period of six months after their reign as titleholder ends, they will not, without the prior permission in writing from the organisers, make any statement to the media, either directly or indirectly, nor give any interviews nor write any stories whatsoever appertaining to the competition or involving its name.
9. Contestants agree that their name and photographs may be used by the organiser or competition sponsors in any
advertising or promotion feature for the contest or its sponsors where the names “Miss Wales” or “Miss United Kingdom” are included, providing such advertising or promotion shall not offend normal good taste.
10. Contestants are not eligible to compete in the Miss Wales contest if:
(a) She has taken part in a recognised international contest that year.
(b) Only a national of Wales is eligible to enter the contest. A national means a person born in Wales, or who is a naturalized citizen of Wales, or whose parent or parents, or whose grandparent or grandparents are Welsh. She must also hold, or be entitled to hold a valid United Kingdom passport and whose permanent address for the five years previous to and up to the date of the contest had been in the United Kingdom or its territories. Special permission may be given to a Welsh citizen whose business calls for them to live temporarily overseas, for example, the daughter of a serving soldier or diplomat.
(c) These rules were made to cover the Miss Wales contest. The organisers cannot
accept any responsibility for neither any changes of rules in any associated contests nor any cancellation or changes in format in the Miss Wales contest or other contests which prevent the winner from neither further participation nor any amendment to the rules in such contest, which would make Miss Wales ineligible to compete. For the purposes of identification, the organisers means, Miss World Limited.
10. The responsibility for obtaining the right wardrobe to compete, is entirely that of the contestant.
11. IT IS EMPHASISED THAT THE ORGANISERS CANNOT IN ANY WAY BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR THE LOSS OF ANY CONTESTANT’S PERSONAL EFFECTS. LOOK AFTER YOUR OWN EFFECTS AT ALL TIMES. WHEN APPROPRIATE TAKE OUT INSURANCE AND DEPOSIT VALUABLES IN HOTEL SAFETY DEPOSITS.
12. In the event of any dispute over the rules of the contest the decision of the Miss Wales organisation (Vibe) is final.
13. It is up to each participant to organise their accommodation, food and travel to the event.
14. All enquiries about Miss Wales Competition in writing to: Vibe, PO Box 267, Caerphilly CF83